College of Engineering
- AlAnoud AlTurki, graduate of Software Engineering Department, became the first female Premier Field Engineer (PFE) at Microsoft Saudi Arabia
- Amjad Al-Amri (Mechanical Engineering Student): First Prize Winner of the First Carting Competition for Females in Saudi Arabia in August 2018 and Winner of the Time Attack Competition held in Riyadh in December 2018.
- Two engineering students, Alanoud Al-Turki (Software Engineering) and Duha Alfaleq (Architectural Engineering) were selected for participation in the Fullbridge International Training Program amongst 150 male and female students from various universities and business sectors
- SKYNET team included: Habib Farouq, Omar Alakkad and Amjad Abujamous Achieved the First Place in the Robotics Competition KSA Rounds, and Fifth place in the 2018 GCC Competition in Bahrain 2018 GCC.
- Asal Jambi and Ghazal Al-Qabbani Receive the 2018 ABB Scholarship. Masters Degree Scholarship in Sweeden.
- Latifa Al-Marshad, Alanood Al-Ghshayan, and Saba Al-Harthi ABB provides them project experience to complete their graduation project One Piece Flow Production Line.
- Yosr Taiba, Heba Sandoka & Bushra Alrasheed Winners of Tatweer Buildings Competition for Architectural Engineering Student.
- Alfaisals Architectural Engineering Team won the Innovation Prize in the 2018 Riyadh Urban Design Challenge on Smart Cities.
- Team of engineering students Participated in the Shell Eco-Marathon Competition for the fourth year in a row.
- Alfaisal Haizum team The First Saudi Team of Engineering Students Participated in the Formula Student Competition in Silverstone, UK Wins the RaceTechmag Spirit Award
- Aram Monawar, Raghad AlTurki, Asma Asim Ali, Halah AlSayed, Laila Felemban, and Reema AlMashari Present their work at the International Conference on Learning and Technology at Effat University.
- Aisha Alkaff, Shatha Khamis, Mohamed Albassam, Abdullah Alkohlani, Meshal Alkadi, Faysal Alghethber, Razan Khan and Salman Alomar
- Published at Prestigious International Engineering Conferences
- Architectural Engineering students, Abeer AlYahya, Shaiah Alnemla, Reem Ismail, won the First Place in the Urban Design Challenge.
- The Urban Design Challenge took place under the patronage of The Happold Foundation in partnership with Alfaisal University, American International School Riyadh, BuroHappold Engineering, Henning Larsen Architects and Knight Frank Real Estate Consultants.
- Sara Alarifi, spent a twelve weeks internship at MITs reputable Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab (MIT CSAIL). Sara was involved in the WiTrack project under the supervision of MITs Wireless Center Director and the 2013 MacArthur Genius Fellow, Professor Dina Katabi. WiTrack was one of the very few projects selected for the August 2015 White House Demo Day hosted by President Obama.
- Muhammad Usman Zafar, a Mechanical Engineering student, won the Infiniti Performance Engineering Academy Participation from the whole Middle East region for 2015 competition. Muhammad Usman Zafar was selected out of seven other finalists, and more than 100 participants, all of whom participated in the Infinitis demanding selection process. Only five engineering students from around the world have been awarded this opportunity (UK, US, Russia, and China).
College of Medicine
- 13th KFMC Annual Research Symposium: Alfaisal University Prize Winners
- Fifth year medical student Mai Alshammari, has won the best poster presenter award 4th rank among more than 100 students from different universities in the Kingdom presenting at Health Professions Conference 2018, which was held at King Saud Bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences on 17-19 April 2018. Mai was the first Alfaisal student to win at this annual conference, for the research entitled: Targeted Gene sequencing and genome-wide mRNA profiling implicates likely mitochondrial dysfunction in the pathogenesis of Rett Disease.
- SIMEC 2018 Awards: Abdulaziz Hussam Abed, Mi Rim Kim, Razan Khaled Almesned, Gulsan A. Karbani, Akef Obeidat, and Aniko Szabo. Have won the 2nd Faculty Prize Award in the category of E-Poster at SIMEC 2018 organized by Al-|Imam University for the E-Poster entitled: TBL and PBL Should be considered one of the Best Practices for Raising a Generation of Medical Doctors Who Can Think and Talk.
- Razan Khaled Almesned, Mi Rim Kim, Abdulaziz Hussam Abed, Gulsan A. Karbani, Akef Obeidat, and Aniko Szabo have won the 2nd Faculty Prize Award in the category of Oral Short Communication at SIMEC 2018 organized by Al-|Imam University for the oral presentation entitled To-go Should be considered one of the Best Practices for Microscopy Teaching and Learning
- Maha Gumssani, the first graduate from the Clinical Embryology and Reproductive Biology (CERB) Master program from Alfaisal COM., in a research entitled: Quantification of Variance in the Oocyte Activation Factor Phosphliopase C Zeta in Mouse Models. She was invited for an interview conducted by the Rotana Khaleejiah Channel, where she discussed infertility treatment and the role of embryologists.
- Book Chapter Publication: A group of Alfaisal COM students: Abdulaziz M. Bakhshwin, Nawaf H. Albali, Hajar A. Alreefi, Raghad Almamlouk, Talal M. Hijji, Ahmed H. Sakah, Khalid A. Jabarti, Lama H. AlFakhri, Yara O. Alsouss, Tuqa A. Alsinan, and Abdulrahman A. Al-Khateeb have succeeded to publish a chapter in Advances in Health and Disease book (Editor Lowell T. Duncan) Volume 8; Chapter 2 entitled: Health in the Arab World: A Comprehensive Overview; pages 71-116
- 12th KFMC Annual Research Symposium: Four of our medical students who participated in the 12th KFMC Annual Research Symposium which was held at King Fahad Medical City on December 11-12, 2017 won prizes in both poster and oral presentations. The competition was intense with 161 posters and 27 oral presentations.
The winners for the poster presentations are:
1st Prize Raghad AlMamlouk, for their research entitled: Determination of the Crystal Structure of PP2A AB/sT Complex: A Novel Approach to Manipulate Tumor Formation at an Atomic Level.
3rd Prize Israa Yousef Bamogaddam, for their research entitled: Post-adenomectomy SIADH in a Patient with TSH-Secreting Pituitary Macroadenoma.
The winners for the oral presentations are:
1st Prize Asma Mohammaddin, for their research entitled: The Effect of Camel Milk Consumption on Dyslipidemia: A Randomized Case-Control Study.
2nd Prize Omar Javed Baqal, for their research entitled: TNF-a Induces Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress through Reactive Oxygen Species Generation in Human Airway Smooth Muscle Cells.
College of Business
- Third BAE Systems Competition Awards: https://news.alfaisal.edu/third-bae-systems-competition-awards
- Abdullah Alshalhoub: CoB graduate who launched Barq app, which he first worked on as a student. Barq is a new and fast way to get an old job done, moving a package from one person to another. Barq can help anyone send their package locally and internationally within the shortest period of time, by connecting senders and travelers through the Barq app, it provides travelers with an opportunity to convert their extra luggage space into cash. http://barqapp.com
- Second place prize win in STC & TasamySA competition Creathon Alkhair: A team of College of Buisness Marketing students composed of: Afnan Alhabib, Reem Shaiba, Sarah bin Ghaith, Reem Al Shaikh, and Rayyanah Alsaif won second place prize in STC & TasamySA competition Creathon Alkhair. The competition aims to help these institutions to deliver their message and leave a positive impact on society.
- College of Business Students Participation in STEAM Challenge: https://news.alfaisal.edu/college-business-students-participation-steam-challenge - College of Buisness Students Participate in PNU Debate: CoB female students participated in the debate that was conducted in Princess Nourah University under the supervision of Dr. Rahma Lahyani. https://news.alfaisal.edu/a-statement-about-the-pnu-debate/
- ASPAR Chalenge: Participation of CoB students in in the innovation challenge organized by International ASBAR and the Enterpreneur Center at KAUST.
- A group of College of Buisness students participated in the Organized Innovation Challenge from ASPAR World Forum and KAUST. Finance student Nora Altamimi won the first Prize Award, 1000 Dollars, Project Management student Hayfa Alamro and Abdulrahman AlGhunaim won the Second Place Award.
College of Science
- The United States Patent and Trademark office granted a patent for 3 students from the College of Science & General Studies
- (CoSGS): Yasmin Mussa, Meshael Alturki and Yazeed Aldosari under the supervision of the Alfaisal faculty Dr. Edreese Alsharaeh on the METHOD OF MAKING NANOCOMPOSITES OF METAL OXIDE AND REDUCED GRAPHENE OXIDE AND USE FOR CANCER TREATMENT