Quality Assurance & Accreditation Department
We don't just imagine the future, we create it. Therefore, innovative quality approaches, effectiveness and sustainability are our greatest concern.
To be a hub of excellence that drive Alfaisal University toward the attainment of its goals and objectives and positioning it locally, regionally among the best accredited universities as well as to be recognized and accredited internationally.
The mission of the QAA department is to create and cultivate a culture of excellence and continuous improvement of quality at Alfaisal University through application of innovative quality standards and systems to disseminate the Alfaisal University mission and to achieve its strategic objectives.
The Quality Assurance and Accreditation (QAA) department was established with the aims to undertake a range of activities varying from planning to capacity building, monitoring and controlling of the implementation of the QAA plan. This includes developing an internal QAA management system and coordinates the implementation of this system. The department is placed under the Office of the Provost, and it functions as the office's directorate on quality assurance and accreditation issues. The performance of these functions is guided by an approved quality assurance and accreditation (QAA) polices. The Department is responsible for the co-ordination of the University's QAA activities and for the provision of support and advice related issues.
The establishment of this Unit marks a distinct step forward in the formalization and improvement of quality assurance at Alfaisal University. This is an institution-wide technical hub with a broader role across multiple colleges and departments. As a matter of fact, each department (academic or administrative) is responsible for systematically and continuously carrying out quality assurance processes based on QAA strategic directives, plans and rationally established and widely disseminated performance standards/benchmarks. The role of QAA department is to coordinate these processes centrally and to provide colleges and departments with professional support in their perpetual processes of self-evaluation and improvement. QAA department also functions as a link hub between Alfaisal University and external regulatory bodies, such as Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) and National Commission for Academic Accreditation & Assessment (NCAAA), as well as other professional bodies and external accrediting agencies.
Goals & Objectives
The QAA department is a coordinating hub of all QAA activities at Alfaisal University with the aim to harmonize various QAA aspects/activities within the University. The fundamental aim of the department is to put in place comprehensive plans, mechanisms and systems to monitor and evaluate the quality of provision of all services and activities of the University with the aspirations to:
- Enable Alfaisal University to assure itself and its stakeholders that the University's policies, systems and processes for the development, maintenance and enhancement of QAA in all its educational and service delivery provisions are functioning effectively.
- Continuously improve the QAA plans and systems, through reviews, streamlining and modernizing of QA functions, policies, regulations and their supporting procedures.
- Enable Alfaisal University to identify areas of strengths and excellence as well as areas in need of focused attention for continuous improvement in the short, medium and long-term and undertake a periodic critical self-evaluation in terms of its activities, learning and teaching, research, community engagement and support services.
- Provide benchmarking with international best practices and evidence-based approaches.
- Facilitate and coordinate internal and external reviews as well as institutional and programme accreditation activities on behalf of the university. Provide quality culture where everyone understands, uses and feels ownership of QAA systems within the institution.
- As part of our continuous quality improvement, QAA department Develop a database for all evidences, policies, regulations and QAA activities at Alfaisal University.
- Coordinating regular cycles whether internal and external of academic programme reviews and administrative unites reviews and monitor the implementation of the recommendations of internal and external reviews.
- Providing quality standards, measures and key performance for all programmes, unites, and departments and review Alfaisal University quality assurance policy and operational manual.
- Assisting in the promotion and development of a culture of quality in every aspect of the University.
- Organizing seminars and training workshops in the area of quality assurance for the University's staff and students communities.
- Conducting satisfaction surveys as scheduled in the surveys handbook.
- Preparing unit-specific quality assurance (QA) procedures, operational manuals and measurement instruments and analyse quality assurance reports.
- Conducting evaluation of courses and staff by students at the end of each semester and regular self-evaluations to determine to which extent it meets the set performance standards in practice, and uses the results of such evaluations to improve practice.
- Development of the organizational and legislative frameworks for delegated authority and accountability in QAA aspects.
- Development of non-traditional teaching methods including e-learning which enhance student expiries.
- Development of research, administrative processes and skills of academic staff capabilities.
- Establish Link with external actors, in particular with professional and regulatory bodies, employers, students, community and alumni to raise the profile of the Alfaisal University.
- Assure that curriculum is based on clear academic standards, with specific objectives and learning outcomes defined for each course.
The QAA is located in the 3rd floor of the Science building.
P.O.Box 50927, Riyadh 11533
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Quality Assurance Officer
Tel: +966 11 215-7614